The Government of the HKSAR announced on 9 July 2020 to reintroduce a limit on the number of customers per table at restaurants and bars. To follow the revised ordinance, every campus restaurant will implement the following measures with effect from 11 July 2020:
- operate at not more than 60% their seating capacity at any one time;
- cap eight persons at each table for restaurants and four persons for bars;
- place tables at least 1.5 meters apart from each other;
- ensure restaurant employees and customers are wearing masks when they are not eating or drinking;
- check customer's temperature before entering the restaurant;
- provide hand sanitizer.
For common dining areas, such as, LG5 and LG7, security guards will station at the entrances to help measure body temperature of each customer. You are also required to wear mask if you are not eating or drinking in the restaurant; please click here for more tips about visiting the restaurants.
Please take note that you will be refused to enter the restaurants or be served by the operators if you are not wearing a mask, your body temperature exceeds 37C or request to sit together with more than 8 persons in one table. You are advised to go to seek medical advice if you discover in the temperature check that you have a fever.
Your effort is particularly important to combat the corona virus outbreak in campus as well as in Hong Kong. Stay alert and keep healthy.